Food Safety - Intermediate (level 3)
This course can be run as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training or if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
The supervision of people who are handling and producing food is a responsible task. It is essential that the supervisor identify and prevent or control any potential hazards and are equipped to effectively manage food handlers on safety issues. This course provides the key information on how to achieve and maintain good standards of food safety.
Training Course content
- Relationship between food hygiene and food poisoning
- Structure and characteristics of bacteria causing illness or spoilage of food
- Food poisoning and food-borne disease
- Physical contamination of food and its prevention
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene
- Supervisory management
"Food Safety for Supervisors" is the recommended reading for the course, and is included with the course notes.
The multiple choice examination takes place on the final day of the course. Delegates will have to choose which examination they would like to take from the following:
- RSPH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering.
- RSPH Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing.
- RSPH Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Retail.
"People who are responsible for managing food handlers need to have a broad knowledge of the potential problems. This course builds on the essential knowledge covered by foundation/basic food hygiene courses. The course is approved by the Royal Society for Public Health."
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org