Food safety – intermediate (level 3)
Benefits of attending
The supervision of people who are handling and producing food is a responsible task. It is essential that the supervisor identify and prevent or control any potential hazards and are equipped to effectively manage food handlers on safety issues. This course provides the key information on how to achieve and maintain good standards of food safety.
Training Course content
- Relationship between food hygiene and food poisoning
- Structure and characteristics of bacteria causing illness or spoilage of food
- Food poisoning and food-borne disease
- Physical contamination of food and its prevention
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene
- Supervisory management
"Supervising Food Safety (Level 3)" Richard A Sprenger (2017, 17th Edition) is the recommended reading for the course, and is included with the course notes.
The multiple choice examination takes place on the final day of the course. Delegates will sit the RSPH Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Food Manufacturing.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com