Setting shelf life: an overview – live online tutor-led training course
2023 dates will be available in the Autumn
Benefits of attending
Cutting down on food and drink waste without compromising food safety and quality is the responsibility of all food business operators. Setting the correct shelf life involves a number of stages to consider including raw materials, temperature, packaging and legislation.
This half-day online course will give a concise insight what to consider when setting the shelf life of a product.
Training Course content
- Microbiological aspects of shelf life testing
- Labelling legislation
- Quality considerations
- Sensory considerations
- Provide an understanding into the principles of defining shelf life
- Emphasize the importance of pathogens and spoilage organisms in regard to shelf life.
- Give an overview into the factors that need to be taken into consideration
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand shelf life testing protocols
- Have an overview of predictive modelling and challenge testing
- Understand how to set safe and achievable shelf life for a range of food products
Contributes towards delegates continuing professional development
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org