HACCP intermediate, live online tutor-led training course (3 mornings)
Course is delivered 0830 - 1530 hours
Benefits of attending
This live, interactive online course is designed to give Food Safety team members a good understanding of the concept, principles and terminology of Food Safety Management including HACCP and the role and importance of prerequisite programmes. This is achieved through tutor presentations, short exercises and a case study. A previous knowledge of at least basic food safety is desirable.
Delegates have the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised Intermediate Level (3) qualification in HACCP (RSPH Level 3 Award in Understanding how to develop a HACCP Plan).
The course will be delivered live online over the course of three mornings (0830 - 1530 hours approx), participants will be sent log in details for a Microsoft Teams session. Electronic materials will be issued during the course, including course slides, exercises and an electronic copy of the Campden BRI HACCP – a practical guide (5th edition) Guideline G42.
Courses are limited to 12 people to ensure an interactive and engaging course for all participants.
Training Course content
- HACCP background, Codex principles, application, benefits
- Role of prerequisite programmes in food safety management
- Food safety hazard identification
- Case study exercise
At the end of the course, based upon a given scenario, participants will be able to:
- Correctly explain the legal requirements for HACCP
- Correctly explain the role of the prerequisite programmes in food safety management
- Draw an accurate process flow diagram
- List at least 5 chemical, physical and biological food safety hazards based upon a given scenario
- Correctly explain the Codex HACCP terminology
- Apply all the elements of the Codex HACCP principles, including the preparatory stages.
- Contributes towards delegates continuing professional development.
- Optional Intermediate Level (3) examination (RSPH Level 3 Award in Understanding how to develop a HACCP Plan). Delegates will have the option to register for the online invigilated RSPH Level 3 exam on 25 April 2024 (exam can be sat anytime between 0900 - 1700 hours).
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact email@example.com for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org