HACCP - validation and verification
2020 dates will be released at the end of September 2019
This course can be run as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training or if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Listen to a tutor talk about the course
Update your browser or Flash plugin
Benefits of attending
HACCP systems and many prerequisite programmes must be validated prior to implementation to obtain evidence that safe food can be provided. After implementation, verification activities are needed to provide evidence that HACCP and the prerequisites are actually effective and being complied with.
During the course, delegates will learn about the vital roles of validation and verification within HACCP systems, how they apply to HACCP systems and obtain knowledge to design effective validation plans. The course has a mix of tutor presentations and discussion sessions, some case studies/exercises are included to promote participant involvement and understanding.
Attending the course will benefit food safety managers, technical and quality managers, process/product development managers, engineers, HACCP team leaders and members and auditors of food safety systems to design effective validation and verification activities.
• Codex approach to validation and verification
• Validation techniques
• Verification techniques
• Microbiological criteria
• Sampling plans
• Validation case studies
• To provide an explanation of the different roles of validation and verification
• To introduce the Codex approach to validation
• To identify validation techniques
• To identify verification techniques
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Correctly explain the background to HACCP validation and verification
• Accurately compare the definitions for validation from 3 sources of guidance
• Correctly explain the different roles of validation and verification
• Develop a validation approach for a given scenario, in accordance with the guidance from Codex in CAC/GL 69
• Explain at least 6 potential techniques for both validation and verification
• Accurately explain the roles of sampling plans and microbiological criteria with reference to course materials
For the second year in a row a Campden BRI HACCP Level 4 delegate has won the RSPH Hygeia HACCP Award 2019 for the highest mark achieved.
Andrew Collins – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org