Microbiology for non microbiologists, live online tutor-led training course
Benefits of attending
This live, interactive online course is designed to give those who have had no formal microbiological training an introduction to aspects of the subject, which are of importance in food production. These features includes food safety and how it can be managed. The course covers the importance of microorganisms in the food production environment as well as the food itself. Typical attendees could be Managers in Technical, Hygiene or Quality Departments, Buyers or those working in NPD.
Breaking through some of the microbiology terminology and jargon, you will perform outline microbiological risk assessments, and be shown how to carry out microbiological investigations and decide on appropriate actions based on microbiological results. You will also be provided with a “taste” of microbiological problem-solving, through case studies.
The course will be delivered live online over the course of a day, participants will be sent log in details for a WebEx Training session. Electronic materials will be issued in advance of the course.
Training Course content
- Microorganisms – types, diversity and introductory testing information;
- Case study exercises: diagnosis of food microbiological issues;
- Hygiene and environmental sampling in the factory;
- Food safety issues;
- Growth, inhibition and destruction of microorganisms and toxins; and
- Factors affecting growth and survival of microorganisms.
- To provide a broad introduction to the importance of microbiological issues for maintaining food safety and quality;
- To provide a simple guide on how to identify potential risks and avoid them in future;
- To demonstrate ways in which some microbiological problems can be understood and solved; and
- To inform on how to decide on specification limits.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand food microbiology terminology and “jargon” to enable informed discussion of microbiological issues;
- Identify the role of microbiology in setting product specifications;
Locate potential factory “hotspots” where microbiological problems can occur; and
- Decide the correct hygiene measures and cleaning regimes to eradicate problems;
- Contributes to participants continuing professional development.
Delegate Feedback (June, July, September & October 2020)
- An excellent degree of underlying knowledge made for an extremely enjoyable watching/listening experience and he has an effortless and engaging presentation/delivery/teaching style.
- Very good, well presented and entertaining to help keep interest in a tricky subject.
- Really well organised and excellent content.
- Tutor is an expert; but still able to transfer knowledge in a way everyone can understand.
- Platform works well, good interaction.
- Very good as I could feel the passion from tutor regards microbiology, plus he had all the answers.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com