Packaging Technology for Non Packaging Technologists
|17 April 2018|
Members £575 + VAT
Non–members £745 + VAT
Benefits of attending
Packaging technology for non packaging technologists will provide a basic understanding of packaging technology and the different materials used to package a wide variety of food and beverage products. This course will allow food and packaging technologists to make the correct choice and consider the advantages and disadvantages when selecting a packaging material.
This course is suitable for food and packaging technologists and equipment suppliers with a limited packaging background.
The course aims to provide an introduction to the manufacture of the different materials and suitability for a range of products, appropriate testing methods and a level of understanding to ensure the packaging meets the relevant legislation. Key topics include:manufacture of materials (glass, metals, plastic and paperboard), potential applications, packaging defects and testing. Legislation, specification and certificates of conformance.
• To provide an introduction to the different types of packaging materials available and their applications
• To provide an introduction to the relevant packaging related legislation
• To demonstrate a range of different tests which can be carried out on packaging materials to determine their ‘fit for purpose’
At the end of the course the delegates will be able to:-
• Describe the aims/benefits of food packaging materials
• Identify why certain packaging materials are used in different applications
• Record at least four test methods for measuring the strength and integrity of a package
• Identify relevant legislation relating to food contact materials
Lynneric Potter – Event Director
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com