Packaging technology for non packaging technologists
2019 Course dates will be released in September 2018.
This course can be run as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training or if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
Packaging technology for non packaging technologists will provide a basic understanding of packaging technology and the different materials used to package a wide variety of food and beverage products. This course will allow food and packaging technologists to make the correct choice and consider the advantages and disadvantages when selecting a packaging material.
This course is suitable for food and packaging technologists and equipment suppliers with a limited packaging background.
The course aims to provide an introduction to the manufacture of the different materials and suitability for a range of products, appropriate testing methods and a level of understanding to ensure the packaging meets the relevant legislation. Key topics include:manufacture of materials (glass, metals, plastic and paperboard), potential applications, packaging defects and testing. Legislation, specification and certificates of conformance.
• To provide an introduction to the different types of packaging materials available and their applications
• To provide an introduction to the relevant packaging related legislation
• To demonstrate a range of different tests which can be carried out on packaging materials to determine their ‘fit for purpose’
At the end of the course the delegates will be able to:-
• Describe the aims/benefits of food packaging materials
• Identify why certain packaging materials are used in different applications
• Record at least four test methods for measuring the strength and integrity of a package
• Identify relevant legislation relating to food contact materials
Lynneric Potter – Event Director
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org