Thermal processing validation
Benefits of attending
The course will give delegates confidence in understanding the thermal process, and enable them to make changes to existing processes, develop new processes and make decisions regarding deviations and problems that have occurred during a process with the knowledge that this is being done safely. The practical sessions will highlight methods and problems and how to overcome them when carrying out process establishment.
A practical-based course primarily aimed at thermal process managers, process developers and technical staff where a more advanced understanding of the process is required, the course will also be beneficial to inspectors including EHOs, third party auditors and retailers who review documentation and processes of companies producing heat processed foods. This course is ideal for those whom have already attended Campden BRI’s ‘Safe Production of Heat Preserved Foods – principles of canning’ training course.
Training Course content
The course includes lectures, tutorials and practicals on the theory behind thermal processing. Delegates will gather information on a thermal process and use the data to develop an understanding of the following:
- Microbial destruction
- Calculation of processes (Fo and Pu values)
- Cook value and quality retention characteristics
- Temperature measurement systems
- Process validation practicalities
- Analysis of heating curves
- Batch and continuous thermal processes
- Process establishment
Delegate feedback (October 2019)
- All the tutors were highly informative and knowledgeable, very detailed understanding of validations.
- Very good – Clear explanations with worked examples, interaction and questions/discussions
- More confidence on carrying out validation exercises on site and to understand and react to process deviation.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com