Food law: an overview, live online tutor-led training course
Benefits of attending
All aspects of the food industry, from new product development and processing to packaging and logistics are governed by an extensive system of laws, regulations, codes of practice and guidance. This half day course provides a valuable top line introduction to UK and harmonised EU law and other relevant information controlling food and drink production.
It is designed to provide a broad overview of the wider aspects of food legislation and is particularly appropriate for senior management, technical managers and quality assurance personnel to ensure that they have an understanding of legislation affecting their business.
The course does not cover food labelling, our Food and Drink Labelling course provides in-depth training in this area.
The course will be delivered live online over the course of one morning (0900 - 1330 hours), participants will be sent log in details for a Microsoft Teams session.
Training Course content
- General Food Law: food safety, offences, due diligence, traceability, consumer protection obligations
- Chemical Food Safety: additives, contaminants, food contact materials
- Biological Safety: food hygiene
- Compositional Standards: fortification, organic, novel, GM foods
- Weights and Measures: the ‘average system’ and quantity marking
- Enforcement: withdrawal and recall, enforcement and prosecutions, business responsibilities
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Be aware how legislation is developed, applied and enforced
- Gain an overview of how food law impacts their business
- Be able to access current legislative information
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact email@example.com for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org