Brewing - water
Copper / whirlpool
If a condenser is employed in the copper stack, meter cooling water flow
- Optimise flow to achieve process objective with minimum water use
- Consider how to use recovered heat
Recovery of wort from trub is possible
- decanter centrifuge
- possibly crossflow microfiltration
- requires economic evaluation; more feasible on the large scale
Is it possible to reduce wort boiling time?
- Several product quality questions e.g. volatile off-flavour removal, trub formation, colour etc.
- Potential water (and energy) savings
Confirm equipment uses water at its recommended consumption
- if higher savings are possible
Clean immediately after processing to avoid hardening of deposits