Distilling - energy
Energy efficient CIP
If you do not already do so, consider the use of sprayballs or sprayjets
- temporary installation as required is an option on small vessels
Consult with suppliers on optimum spray technology for your specific requirement
- appraise economically the benefits of modernising the spray units
- rotating nozzles?
- multi-headed, programmed tank wash “robots”?
- high enough pressure (especially for large vessels)?
Consider spray ball / nozzle position
- ensure “shaded” (no line of sight to spray device)
- areas in vessel are washed adequately areas that need extra attention e.g. scum at fill level
- thus minimising rinse times
- adequate for the size and shape of the vessel?