Distilling - water
Effluent treatment 2
Single stage biofilter will remove 50-70% of BOD
- is more than one stage required?
- are polishing treatments required?
Investigate any need to treat biorefractory waste
- material that does not reduce with conventional treatment
- ozone is one potential treatment
Are there oxidising agents in the CIP waste?
- Balance tanks enable them to react
Modern membrane bioreactors can treat low strength waste
- re-use of treated water is possible
Remember to assess cost options against option of No. treatment