Brewing - water
Benefits of water auditing
- Some simple savings typically reduce water usage by 20 - 50%.
- Final figure: water consumption per unit volume of product i.e. hl / hl
- a good and achievable figure is less than 4 hl / hl (at least for larger breweries)
- Similarly, the techniques will tend to reduce total contaminant emissions also.
- Both purchase and disposal costs of water will continue to rise faster than the rate of inflation.
- Reduction in pumping,maintenance and capital equipment costs. Reduction in pre- and post- treatment costs
- Reductions in chemical costs
- Avoidance of possible water “bottlenecks” as site alters or expands Improved public relations
- These savings must be used to justify a water savings programme
- From senior management to operators
- Procedures for reporting of ideas, faults and benefits