Brewing - water
Consider acceptability of the proposed re-use:
- reaction from the beer-drinking public
- acceptability to a brand licensor if applicable
Possible factors affecting re-use for a particular application:
- dissolved solids
- suspended solids
- microbiological contamination
- toxins present?
- variability of supply and quality
Return condensate from steam usage to boilerhouse
- saves water supply, effluent treatment and energy
Economic to re-use?
- consider the real cost of your water intake
- depreciation of water treatment equipment
- effluent treatment costs (volume-based not including pollution load based)