Brewing - water
Re-use may require some treatment plant
- filtration / sedimentation
- centrifugation / flotation
- biological treatment
- reverse osmosis and/or ion exchange adsorption
- purging from collection tank if there is an impurity that is not removed by selected process
Evaluate options by cost - benefit analysis
Is it possible to obtain a grant or tax relief?
"scarce water area"?
- reverse osmosis of waste water may enable as little as 2 hl/hl of product
- is energy and cost intensive, probably involving pretreatment, perhaps ultrafiltration
- another option is rainwater harvesting with large on-site vessels