Allergens – challenges facing the food industry
Seminar: Tuesday 27 June 2017
Campden BRI, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6LD, UK
Members of Campden BRI: £325 + VAT
Non–members: £435 + VAT
Group discounts available on request. Contact Daphne Davies
The food service industry has a duty of care to its customers to ensure that they are safe from harm. Food allergens are a potentially life threatening risk to some customers whilst being entirely benign to others. When dealing with real–world situations there can be grey areas and uncertainty not covered by legislation and guidance documents. This seminar will bring together food allergen experts with the food service industry to address the difficult decisions and less well defined areas.
Topics will include:
- Food allergen threshold doses and risk assessment
- Allergen labeling and menu requirements
- Good practice guidance
- Case studies – court cases
- Case studies – good practice
- Gluten free – NPD
Key benefits of attending
- Learn from real world examples of good (and bad) allergen management
- Keep up to date with the latest on allergen threshold doses
- Review food allergen management strategy with experts
- Listen to and ask questions of key people in the food allergen world
Who should attend?
Quality, Food Safety, Technical, NPD, personnel in food service and catering industries
Event director: Faye Jeffers
Please note that copies of the presentations will not be available on the day but will be emailed within a few days of the event as an electronic download in PDF format.
Sign up to 2 years free subscription to an online continuing professional development (CPD)tool click here for further details