Plant-based protein ingredients and foods
Seminar: Tuesday 27 November 2018
Campden BRI, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6LD, UK
Members of Campden BRI: £295 + VAT
Non–members: £395 + VAT
Group discounts available on request. Contact Sian Twinning
Plant-based food and ingredients are growing market. There are several functional and nutritional challenges related to developing plant-based protein rich ingredients and/or products. The seminar will focus on understanding the issues around developing plant-based food products and provide solutions to the challenges of using plant-based protein. Through presentations from industry and academia it will cover:
- The need for plant protein-based products
- Regulatory considerations
- How different plant-based protein ingredients can be used
- Current research on the nutrition and functionality of plant-based proteins
- Product manufacturing and supply chain
Key benefits of attending
The seminar will provide the food manufacturing sector with a comprehensive review of how the technological and nutritional challenges associated with plant proteins have been addressed to deliver products acceptable to a wide audience. The seminar will provide:
- A comprehensive review of the benefits of plant-based ingredients and foods
- Industry perspectives about the challenges of using plant-based protein and how to overcome them
- Updates on the latest ingredient solutions to help tackle reformulation issues
Who should attend?
This seminar is suitable for new product development managers, technologists, nutritionists and technical managers.
Event director: Tiia Morsky
Please note that copies of the presentations will not be available on the day but will be emailed within a few days of the event as an electronic download in PDF format.
Sign up to 2 years free subscription to an online continuing professional development (CPD)tool click here for further details