Global food law challenges and opportunities
Seminar: Tuesday 19 September 2017
Campden BRI, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6LD, UK
Members of Campden BRI: £425 + VAT
Non–members: £525 + VAT
Group discounts available on request. Contact Marcelle Cowley
Maintaining an awareness of current food and drink legislation, understanding its implications and remaining alert to changes is increasingly challenging. Although progress has been made to harmonize legislation and enforcement and many food–related matters are regulated at the level of the European Union, Eurasian Economic Union, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) or Codex Alimentarius, national disparities can still be seen. A ‘one size fits all’ approach for the creation of products that comply with each market is not possible.
A further challenge is the UK’s movement towards independence from the European Union and what this might mean for the UK’s food industry.
For this seminar, we have assembled an expert team to give us their perspectives and cover emerging international food regulatory topics as they may well become more important as the regulatory landscape changes. This seminar will also provide a unique opportunity to discuss the most recent regulatory updates and trends from global perspective.
Key areas to be covered
- Global food law trends.
- Key export challenges, including case studies.
- Food fraud: international perspective.
- Global labelling differences, with particular focus on allergens, country of origin, nutrition labelling and claims.
- Brexit and potential implications for international trade.
Key benefits of attending
- A unique opportunity to discuss most recent updates and trends from global perspective.
- Global regulatory awareness might become increasingly important as the UK moves on and it would be instructive to hear what is going on outside of the EU.
- Case studies, practical applications and tools to understand and overcome export challenges.
- Interactive discussions and great networking opportunities.
Who should attend?
Regulatory experts with interest in global trade, food industry, trade associations, lawyers, academia.
Please note that copies of the presentations will not be available on the day but will be emailed within a few days of the event as an electronic download in PDF format.
Sign up to 2 years free subscription to an online continuing professional development (CPD)tool click here for further details